Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Major I Chose

Communications; Film


  • In January 2010 God called me to the movie industry and poured out to me how desperately that entire part of society desperately needs His love and light. I have always been disciplined, and I will need to be if I am to maintain my faith in a world where so many get swept away by sin.
  • I prefer working on projects and having the job change and fluctuate rather than a very predictable routine
  • I enjoy storytelling and crafting through words, clothing, set design, and utilizing the creativity of other people - Basically, I love creating little worlds and the stories for them
  • I have a passion for travel and new experiences; meeting new people and having a good chat with them is one of my favorite past-times
  • I have a lot of patience for when things go wrong or have to deviate, which happens a lot in film - lots of waiting, lots of technical difficulties
  • I am somewhat of a perfectionist in that I like to get any project (no matter the medium) in the best possible form before time is up
  • I have learned to take criticism well, listening and taking it into account, but not getting too torn up at the bad reviews either - rather, I learn from them
  • I am a free spirit and find it hard to be tied to one style or one definition for myself. I am multi-faceted, and proud to be that way! This is how a lot of people are in both theatre and film because they spend so much time exploring the lives of different characters, they learn more about themselves through that. 
  • I play Ukulele, I sketch, I write stories & poems & scripts, I sew clothing and costumes, I create films, I see the world in a series of scenes all divided by different shots. I believe God created humans to love and learn from stories, and telling stories is where I get the most satisfaction.
For the post this side of Christmas break,

May the good saints protect you
and bless you today.
And may trouble ignore you each step of the way. 
Christmas joy to you!

Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment